- Provides 3+ months of daily naturally purified water on the go – up to 1L at a time
- Plastic-free and sustainable
- Ideally paired with the KURO-Bō Gō-Ecō Glass Bottles
- Recyclable in many eco-friendly ways
HEALTH & ECO BENEFITS
This innovative ancient natural water filtration technology, used for centuries in Japan (“Binchotan”), is unlike any traditional filter available today – both in terms of health benefits, as well as its incredible eco-friendly credentials.
Essentially nature’s own toxin magnet, KURO-Bō is a unique 100% natural, recyclable and plastic-free filter made of pure activated charcoal that is scientifically proven to:
- Purify * (removes heavy metals/chemicals)
- Mineralise * (adds minerals, e.g., Mg, Ca)
- Improve taste and odour (removes Chlorine)
- Remove bacteria * (E. coli)
- balances an acidic pH *
By adding KURO-Bō Sticks or Kōins to your water at home, ideally in glass, ceramic or stainless steel, you are not risking exposure to potentially toxic plastic bottles and the risk of leaching chemicals. Furthermore, 100% of KURO-Bō’s product and packaging is sustainable, biodegradable/compostable and recyclable. KURO-Bō shouts loud and proud, a firm “N-O” to single-use plastic.
*Tested in a SANAS-accredited Water Laboratory in Cape Town
The first of their kind in the world, and scientifically-proven, KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal Kōins are a completely plastic-free, sustainable and recyclable water purification solution.
Whether paired with our Gō-Ecō Glass Water Bottles (550ml or 1L) or your own reusable bottle, a single box of KURO-Bō Kōins provides 3+ months of daily cartridge-free and naturally purified water on the go. The whole pack (4-5 pieces) will purify up to 1L of water at a time. For our 550ml bottles, simply add all the Kōins for faster purification.
Activated charcoal, or Binchotan attracts and draws out positively-charged toxins (chemicals, heavy metals, E. coli) from your water, while depositing beneficial minerals and balancing an acidic pH.
How to Use
STEP 1: Remove KURO-Bō Stick or Kōins from the compostable wood cellulose bag. Boil in a shallow pan of tap water for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
STEP 2: Fill your container or bottle with up to 3 litres of tap water for Sticks, and up to 1 litre for Kōins. Add the cooled KURO-Bō Charcoal to the water.
- Whilst the natural purifying process begins immediately, wait 6 – 8 hours (Sticks) or 2-3 hours (Kōins) for the best results
- More than 3 litres? Simply add one KURO-Bō Stick for every 3 litres
- There is no need to remove the Stick or Kōins through the month; all you need to do is top up the water!
- For water-dispensing fridges, KURO-Bō Sticks in the tank will give you purified water on tap!
STEP 3: Reactivating, Repurpose & Repurchase
- After 1 month of daily use, boil your KURO-Bō Stick or Kōins for 10 minutes, allow to cool, and pop straight back into your water container
- After the 2nd month, reactivate your KURO-Bō and reuse as before.
- At this stage, repurchase KURO-Bō Sticks online
- After 3 months, remove your KURO-Bō Sticks and either reactivate them once more (if your water still tastes sweet and smooth) or reinvent them!
Reinvent or reuse your old koins or sticks
Be inspired by these creative and earth-kind ideas:
- Dehumidify bathrooms
- Use it as a uniquely eye-catching, organic air-purifier
- Keep your fridge odour-free
- Reduce odours and dampness in cupboards
- Break the Stick up and scatter across your pet’s litter tray to remove odours and moisture
- Place in veggie drawer to keep your vegetables fresher for longer
- Prevent fruit from ripening too fast by adding a Stick to your fruit bowl
- Keep flowers blooming for longer
- Break up your charcoal and dig into your garden soil to balance its pH and remineralise it
- Burn it on your braai!
- Use it in your bath: the charcoal mineralise, removes impurities from the water and stimulates blood flow
- Deflect/absorb electromagnetic and radio waves from computers, mobile phones and even microwaves in your home or at work