KURO-Bō Gō-Ecō Glass Water Bottle (550ml) + 1 KURO-Bō Kōins
This Filter Bottle Set is your ideal first step to moving away from harmful and expensive single-use plastic bottles
- Hand-made from high-quality borosilicate glass (pyrex)
- Much more lightweight, durable and portable than standard glass
- Individually reinforced & reusable
- Paired with KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal Kōins for 3 months of daily naturally filtered water, wherever you are!
HEALTH & ECO BENEFITS
This innovative ancient natural water filtration technology, used for centuries in Japan (“Binchotan”), is unlike any traditional filter available today – both in terms of health benefits, as well as its incredible eco-friendly credentials.
Essentially nature’s own toxin magnet, KURO-Bō is a unique 100% natural, recyclable and plastic-free filter made of pure activated charcoal that is scientifically proven to:
- Purify * (removes heavy metals/chemicals)
- Mineralise * (adds minerals, e.g., Mg, Ca)
- Improve taste and odour (removes Chlorine)
- Remove bacteria * (E. coli)
- balances an acidic pH *
By adding KURO-Bō Sticks or Kōins to your water at home, ideally in glass, ceramic or stainless steel, you are not risking exposure to potentially toxic plastic bottles and the risk of leaching chemicals. Furthermore, 100% of KURO-Bō’s product and packaging is sustainable, biodegradable/compostable and recyclable. KURO-Bō shouts loud and proud, a firm “N-O” to single-use plastic.
*Tested in a SANAS-accredited Water Laboratory in Cape Town
KURO-Bō’s reusable 550ml Gō-Ecō Glass Water Bottle is hand-made from durable, high-quality borosilicate glass (pyrex) which is much stronger and lighter than your standard glass. It comes with a sustainable bamboo lid, wrist strap, food-grade silicon leak-proof seal and an insulating and protecting neoprene sleeve.
Contemporary and functional, each Gō-Ecō Glass Water Bottle is individually hand-made and reinforced, ensuring a lightweight, durable and portable design.
And, when paired with KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal Kōins, every sip of water you take won’t just taste better, it will be healthier for you – and the planet, too – every single day, for 3+ months!
How To Use Your Sticks & Koins
STEP 1: Remove KURO-Bō Stick or Kōins from the compostable wood cellulose bag. Boil in a shallow pan of tap water for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
STEP 2: Fill your container or bottle with up to 3 litres of tap water for Sticks, and up to 1 litre for Kōins. Add the cooled KURO-Bō Charcoal to the water.
- Whilst the natural purifying process begins immediately, wait 6 – 8 hours (Sticks) or 2-3 hours (Kōins) for the best results
- More than 3 litres? Simply add one KURO-Bō Stick for every 3 litres
- There is no need to remove the Stick or Kōins through the month; all you need to do is top up the water!
- For water-dispensing fridges, KURO-Bō Sticks in the tank will give you purified water on tap!
STEP 3: Reactivating, Repurpose & Repurchase
- After 1 month of daily use, boil your KURO-Bō Stick or Kōins for 10 minutes, allow to cool, and pop straight back into your water container
- After the 2nd month, reactivate your KURO-Bō and reuse as before.
- At this stage, repurchase KURO-Bō Sticks online
- After 3 months, remove your KURO-Bō Sticks and either reactivate them once more (if your water still tastes sweet and smooth) or reinvent them!
Reinvent or reuse your old koins or sticks
Be inspired by these creative and earth-kind ideas:
- Dehumidify bathrooms
- Use it as a uniquely eye-catching, organic air-purifier
- Keep your fridge odour-free
- Reduce odours and dampness in cupboards
- Break the Stick up and scatter across your pet’s litter tray to remove odours and moisture
- Place in veggie drawer to keep your vegetables fresher for longer
- Prevent fruit from ripening too fast by adding a Stick to your fruit bowl
- Keep flowers blooming for longer
- Break up your charcoal and dig into your garden soil to balance its pH and remineralise it
- Burn it on your braai!
- Use it in your bath: the charcoal mineralise, removes impurities from the water and stimulates blood flow
- Deflect/absorb electromagnetic and radio waves from computers, mobile phones and even microwaves in your home or at work